GGHH Agenda and its Sustainability Goals
Global Green and Healthy Hospitals has its foundation in a comprehensive framework of 10 interconnected goals for the health sector to address and promote greater sustainability and environmental health.
The Global Green and Healthy Hospitals Agenda sets out to support existing efforts around the world to promote greater sustainability and environmental health in the health sector, and thereby to strengthen health systems globally.
The 10 Goals
Click on each of the goals to learn more.
- LEADERSHIP: Prioritize environmental health
- CHEMICALS: Substitute harmful chemicals with safer alternatives
- WASTE: Reduce, treat and safely dispose of healthcare waste
- ENERGY: Implement energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy generation
- WATER: Reduce hospital water consumption and supply potable water
- TRANSPORTATION: Improve transportation strategies for patients and staff
- FOOD: Purchase and serve sustainably grown, healthy food
- PHARMACEUTICALS: Safely manage and dispose of pharmaceuticals
- BUILDINGS: Support green and healthy hospital design and construction
- PURCHASING: Buy safer and more sustainable products and materials
Begin your enrollment as a member of GGHH by sending a letter of intent indicating your support for the GGHH Agenda and/or a commitment to working towards two Goals (see membership categories here).