Webinar | Sustainable Solutions to Health Care Waste Management: African Perspective
GGHH members in South Africa will be hosting a series of webinars to showcase their work. Join the first of these webinars to learn how members are implementing environmentally sound waste management practices. Participants will also discuss how hospitals can protect public health by reducing the volume and toxicity of waste produced, while implementing the most environmentally sound waste management and disposal options.
Day: Thursday, 16th March
- Argentina Time Zone: 9 am
- Greenwich Mean Time (London, UK): 12 pm
- Central European Time: 1 pm
- South Africa Standard Time: 2 pm
- Manila Standard Time: 8 pm
Duration: 1 hour
Free of charge.
- Ruth Stringer: Health Care Without Harm’s international science and policy coordinator. She spent over 15 years in pollution research, including hazardous waste, political strategies to avoid it and the technologies to destroy it, at the Universities of London and Exeter in the UK before she turned her attention to medical waste.
- Tshepo Mokhadi, Environmental Health Practitioner, Bongani Regional Hospital
- Dimakatso Nhlapo, Environmental Health Practitioner, Bertha Gxowa Hospital
- Shireen Arends, Quality Assurance Manager, Grey’s Hospital
Those who participate in the entire webinar will receive a Certificate of Attendance by email. When you complete the registration form, please provide your name as you would like it to appear on the Certificate of Attendance.