April 9 | GGHH Africa webinar: COVID-19 Health care waste management
As the coronavirus outbreak expands globally, there is increasing concern about how to deal with waste arising from potentially infectious patients, the staff caring for them and medical laboratories. In addition, organizations like supermarkets may have used protective equipment and people who remain at home with mild illness will be generating potentially infectious waste.
With the Health Care Without Harm waste management factsheet now published on the 24th of March 2020, groundWork together with our international partner Health Care Without Harm will be hosting an African Regional webinar to discuss this factsheet as it relates to our COVID-19 experience in the region.
Presenters / Agenda
- 5 min – Luqman Yesufu – Host. Africa Regional Coordinator, GGHH
- 15 min – Judy Bell – Overview of Factsheet and the South Africa Context. Environmental Consultant for groundWork
- 10 min – Tshepo Mokhadi – Standard Operating Procedure for COVID-19 Waste at Bongani Regional Hospital, Free State
- 30 min – Questions and Answers
When: April 9
- 8 am South Africa Standard Time
- 8 am Central Europe Time