Case Studies from GGHH Members
These case studies serve to celebrate GGHH members’ work and document what they have achieved. They can also serve as the basis for generating publicity that highlights what is possible and to motivate others to join the effort.
Read the cases studies on:
- Climate Change
To send a case study from your institution, click here.
- Argentina | Elimination of Mercury-Based Medical Devices, Austral University Hospital. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Argentina | Elimination of Mercury Thermometers and Sphygmomanometers, Hospital Zonal General de Agudos “Dr. Enrique F. Erill”. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Argentina | Hospital Integrated Pest Management, Cordoba’s Santísima Trinidad Children’s Hospital. Download case study (in Spanish | in English)
- Argentina | Prevention Latex Use by Health Personnel and Protection of Allergic Patients, Austral University Hospital. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Argentina | Replacing Mercury, Glutaraldehyde, Phthalates and Latex with Safer Chemicals; Hospital Juan A. Fernández. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Argentina | Substitution of Hazardous Chemicals, Hospital Dr. Roque Saenz Peña. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Australia | Anaesthetic Gases – Greenhouse Gas Reductions, Western Health. Download case study
- Australia | Recycling of Single Use Metal Instruments, Western Health. Download case study
- Brazil | Substitution of Merury-based medical devices, INTO – Río de Janeiro’s Instituto Nacional de Traumatologia e Ortopedia Jamil Haddad. Download case study (in Portuguese)
- Chile | Integrated management of organic waste, Hospital Tomé. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Colombia | Program to Replace and Handle Chemicals Safely, E.S.E. Hospital San Vicente de Paúl de Nemocón. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Colombia | Replacement of dental amalgams, Red de Salud del Oriente E.S.E. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Colombia | Replacing Hazardous Chemicals with Safer Alternatives, Corporación Hospitalaria Juan Ciudad – Mederi. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Ghana | GGHH Case Study- Phasing out mercury products from the health sector, Eastern Regional Hospital and Winneba Hospital. Download case study
- Mexico | Mercury Reduction, Hospital Infantil de México Federico Gómez. Downdload case study (in Spanish)
- Mexico | Substituting Mercury Based Devices in a Public Health System, Ministry of Health of Mexico’s Federal District Government. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Nepal | Leader Among Private Hospitals in Nepal in Safe, Sustainable and Environmentally-Friendly Practices, Norvic International Hospital. Download case study
- Nepal | Pioneer in Safe Health Care Waste Management in Nepal, National Kidney Center. Download case study
- Philippines | Acetic Acid: A Safer Alternative as Surface Disinfectant, St. Paul Hospital, Tuguegarao. Download case study
- Philippines | Phasing – out Mercury Containing Devices, St. Paul Hospital, Tuguegarao. Download case study
- South Africa | Environmentally Friendly Rodent Control Project, Mitchells Plain Hospital. Download case study
- South Africa | Implementation of Integrated Pest Management, Bongani Regional Hospital. Download case study
- South Africa | Online Data Management System Helps Reduce Waste, Bongani Regional Hospital. Download case study
- Spain | Measures to Reduce Production of Hazardous Health Care Waste, Departamento de Salud de Xàtiva – Ontinyent. Download case study (in English | in Spanish)
- Taiwan | Chemicals Used Reduction and Management, Taipei Medical University Hospital. Download case study
- United States | DEHP Minimization in Intravenous (IV) Administration Sets, California and Hawaii Regions, Kaiser Permanente, Practice Greenheath. Visit Website
- United States | Safer Chemicals: Eliminating HHI Chemicals of Concern for Healthy Interiors at Beaumont Health System, Practice Greenheath. Download case study
See case studies on other GGHH Agenda Goals
We encourage GGHH members to submit one or more case studies highlighting their work related to a GGHH Goal. If you are a a GGHH member and would like to submit a case study, please complete the case study template and send it to email@example.com.
Once received, submissions will be reviewed and considered for publication on greenhospitals.net.
If you are not a member of the GGHH but have information or a case study you would like to share, we invite you to consider joining this worldwide initiative that brings together hospitals, health systems, health, professional and/or academic organizations to reduce their environmental footprint and promote public environmental health.
** Note: These case studies were produced with information, images and documents provided by GGHH members, who have authorized their dissemination.