Case Studies from GGHH Members
These case studies serve to celebrate GGHH members’ work and document what they have achieved. They can also serve as the basis for generating publicity that highlights what is possible and to motivate others to join the effort.
Read the cases studies on:
- Climate Change
To send a case study from your institution, click here.
- Argentina | Community Gardening at the Italian Hospital of San Justo, Buenos Aires. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Australia | Food Room Service Project, Mater Health Services. Download case study
- Australia | R.A.W. project – Rescued and Wasted Food, Queanbeyan Hospital and Health Service. Download case study
- Australia | Reducing hunger and food waste in our community, Melbourne Health. Download case study
- Brazil | Reducing Food Waste, Hospital Israelita de San Paulo Albert Einstein. Download case study (in Portuguese)
- Chile | Food for worms, Hospital San José de Casablanca. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Green Teams, Hospital Penco Lirquén. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Healthy Eating Promotion Program, Complejo Asistencial “Dr. Víctor Ríos Ruiz”. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Colombia | Promoting Healthy Eating Habits, Corporación Hospitalaria Juan Ciudad – Mederi. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Malaysia | Promoting Health and Sustainability by Advocating Plant Based Diet during COVID-19 Pandemic, Buddhist Tzu-Chi Dialysis Centres. Download case study
- Malaysia | Vegetarianism and Utilization of Reusable Food Containers Reduces Carbon Emissions, Buddhist Tzu Chi Dialysis Centre (Penang Branch). Download case study
- New Zealand | Growing People at Woodford Gardens – Waitakere Hospital, Waitemata District Health Board. Download case study
- South Africa | Leadership through Community Engagement, Lentegeur Hospital. Download case Study
- South Africa | Proactive Health Program, Edendale Hospital. Download case study
- Taiwan | Promoting Vegetarian Lifestyles with the Usage of Recyclable Dinnerware to Lessen Negative Impacts on the Environment, Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital. Download case study
- United Kingdom | Unique Food Waste Digestor Saving Thousands for NHS, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. Download case study
- United States | Healthy Beverage Case Study, Vanguard Health Chicago, Practice Greenhealth. Download case study
See case studies on other GGHH Agenda Goals
We encourage GGHH members to submit one or more case studies highlighting their work related to a GGHH Goal. If you are a a GGHH member and would like to submit a case study, please complete the case study template and send it to email@example.com.
Once received, submissions will be reviewed and considered for publication on greenhospitals.net.
If you are not a member of the GGHH but have information or a case study you would like to share, we invite you to consider joining this worldwide initiative that brings together hospitals, health systems, health, professional and/or academic organizations to reduce their environmental footprint and promote public environmental health.
** Note: These case studies were produced with information, images and documents provided by GGHH members, who have authorized their dissemination.