Case Studies from GGHH Members
These case studies serve to celebrate GGHH members’ work and document what they have achieved. They can also serve as the basis for generating publicity that highlights what is possible and to motivate others to join the effort.
Read the cases studies on:
- Climate Change
To send a case study from your institution, click here.
- Australia | Development of a Local Sustainability Action Plan, Western Health. Download case study
- Chile | Development of a collective Action Plan in management of expired and/or damaged medications of internal and external patients. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Elimination and Reduction from Waste Generated by Pharmaceuticals, Complejo Asistencial ¨Dr. Víctor Ríos Ruiz¨. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Pharmaceuticals, Hospital de Puerto Aysen. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Mexico | Herbal Therapy – Hospital Grown Medicinas, Hospital General de Ecatepec Dr. José Ma. Rodríguez, Instituto de Salud del Estado de Mexico. Download case study (in Spanish)
- New Zealand | Reducing the Carbon Footprint of Anesthesia, Middlemore Hospital, Counties Manukau Health District Board. Download case study
- South Africa | Educate Patients on the Safe Disposal of Insulin Syringes, Port Shepstone Regional Hospital. Download case study
- South Africa | Reduce and Safely Dispose Health Care Waste, Bertha Gxowa Hospital. Download case study
- South Africa | Safe disposal of insulin needles and unused medication,Tembisa Provincial Tertiary Hospital. Download case study
- Spain | Measures to Reduce Production of Hazardous Health Care Waste, Departament of Health from de Xàtiva – Ontinyent. Download case study (in English | in Spanish)
See case studies on other GGHH Agenda Goals
We encourage GGHH members to submit one or more case studies highlighting their work related to a GGHH Goal. If you are a a GGHH member and would like to submit a case study, please complete the case study template and send it to email@example.com.
Once received, submissions will be reviewed and considered for publication on greenhospitals.net.
If you are not a member of the GGHH but have information or a case study you would like to share, we invite you to consider joining this worldwide initiative that brings together hospitals, health systems, health, professional and/or academic organizations to reduce their environmental footprint and promote public environmental health.
** Note: These case studies were produced with information, images and documents provided by GGHH members, who have authorized their dissemination.