Case Studies from GGHH Members
These case studies serve to celebrate GGHH members’ work and document what they have achieved. They can also serve as the basis for generating publicity that highlights what is possible and to motivate others to join the effort.
Read the cases studies on:
- Climate Change
To send a case study from your institution, click here.
- Australia | Minimizing Plastic Straw Use, UnitingCare Queensland. Download case study
- Australia | Paper Reduction, Mater Health Services. Download case study
- Brazil | Recycling Sterile Surgical Material Wrapers, Hospital Israelita de San Paulo Albert Einstein. Download case study (in Portuguese | in English)
- Brazil | Reducing Suture Stitches Packaging, Hospital Israelita de San Paulo Albert Einstein. Download case study (in Portuguese)
- Chile | Green Laundry- Switching to biodegradable cleaning products, Complejo Asistencial “Dr. Víctor Ríos Ruiz”. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Raising awareness on our impact on the ozone layer, Hospital Salamanca. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Sustainable Purchasing for a Healthy Environment, Hospital de la Familia y la Comunidad de Nacimiento. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Colombia | Replacement of dental amalgams, Red de Salud del Oriente E.S.E. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Philippines | Initiative on Green Procurement, Philippine Heart Center. Download case study
- Taiwan | COVID-19- Redesign of Hospital Screening Area for PPE Conservation, Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital. Download case study
- United States | Electronic Products Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT) – Purchasing Environmentally Responsible Computers, Kaiser Permanente, Practice Greenhealth. Download case study
See case studies on other GGHH Agenda Goals
We encourage GGHH members to submit one or more case studies highlighting their work related to a GGHH Goal. If you are a a GGHH member and would like to submit a case study, please complete the case study template and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once received, submissions will be reviewed and considered for publication on greenhospitals.net.
If you are not a member of the GGHH but have information or a case study you would like to share, we invite you to consider joining this worldwide initiative that brings together hospitals, health systems, health, professional and/or academic organizations to reduce their environmental footprint and promote public environmental health.
** Note: These case studies were produced with information, images and documents provided by GGHH members, who have authorized their dissemination.