Case Studies from GGHH Members
These case studies serve to celebrate GGHH members’ work and document what they have achieved. They can also serve as the basis for generating publicity that highlights what is possible and to motivate others to join the effort.
Read the cases studies on:
- Climate Change
To send a case study from your institution, click here.
- Argentina | Protecting and Promoting Water Quality, Hospital Universitario Austral. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Australia | Comparing Reusable to Single use Anesthetic Equipment, Western Health. Download case study
- Australia | Reducing Waste from Operating Theatres, Melbourne Health. Download case study
- Chile | Actions Implemented to Reduce Water Consumption, Instituto de Neurocirugía Dr. Adolfo Asenjo. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Green Hospital Cultivating Health, Hospital 21 de Mayo de Taltal. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Integrated management of organic waste, Hospital Tomé. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Reducing Water Consumption, Hospital San Javier. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Research Project to Understand Water Use and Opportunities for Conservation, Complejo Hospitalario San José de Maipo. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Water Quality Analysis, Hospital de la Comunidad y la Familia Santo Tomás de Limache. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Chile | Water, Complejo Asistencial Dr. Sótero del Río. Download case study (in Spanish)
- China | Recycling of Soft Water Discharged from Dialysis Room, Capital Medical University Beijing Ditan Hospital. Download case study
- China | The Integrated Management of Energy Conservation, Beijing Huilongguan Hospital. Download case study
- Colombia | Replacement of dental amalgams, Red de Salud del Oriente E.S.E. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Colombia | Reuse of Water for Irrigation, E.S.E. Hospital San Vicente de Paúl de Nemocón. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Costa Rica | Reuse of Rain Water, Hospital Clínica Bíblica. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Dominican Republic | Implementation of Sustainability Practices that Promote Health, Hospital Pediátrico Dr. Hugo Mendoza. Download case study (in Spanish)
- India | Conserving and Reducing Water Consumption Using a Decentralized Wastewater Recycling System, Aravind Eye Care System. Download case study
- Malaysia | Water – A Precious Commodity: Conserving and Reducing Water Consumption Using Recycled Reject Water Processed from Water Treatment System, Buddhist Tzu-Chi Dialysis Centre (Penang Branch). Download case study
- Mexico | Reusing Potable Water, Hospital Regional de Alta Especialidad “Ciudad Salud”. Download case study (in Spanish)
- Nepal | Safe potable water using the SODIS principle, Gunjaman Singh Hospital. Download case study
- Philippines | Hospital Engineers Discharge Cleaner Water, Philippine Heart Center. Download case study
- Philippines | Water Recycling through Reverse Osmosis System in Dialysis Unit, St. Paul Hospital, Tuguegarao. Download case study.
- South Africa | Autoclave Water and Energy Recovery, Western Cape Department of Health. Download case study
- South Africa | Rain Water Harvesting, District Six Clinic, South Africa. Download case study
- South Africa | Water Conservation through Maintenance and Practice Change, Victoria Hospital. Download case study
- South Africa | Western Cape Water Crisis: How Are We Contributing to It in The Operating Theatre?, Worcester Hospital. Download case study
- South Korea | Water Management and Recycling System, Yonsei University Health System. Download case study
- Taiwan | Creating a Green Environment Initiative, Kaohsiung Municipal Siaogang Hospital. Download case study
- Taiwan | Energy Saving and Carbon Reduction Policies, National Cheng Kung University Hospital. Download case study
- Taiwan | Every Drop Counts: Greywater Procurement and Distribution System, Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital. Download case study
- Taiwan | Love as a Starting Point, Journey Towards a Green Hospital, MacKay Memorial Hospital. Download case study
- Taiwan | The Implementation of Building and Energy Management System in Optimizing Energy-saving Practices, Taichung Tzu Chi Hospital. Download case study
- United Kingdom | Water Savings, Barts and The London NHS Trust. Download case study
See case studies on other GGHH Agenda Goals
We encourage GGHH members to submit one or more case studies highlighting their work related to a GGHH Goal. If you are a a GGHH member and would like to submit a case study, please complete the case study template and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once received, submissions will be reviewed and considered for publication on greenhospitals.net.
If you are not a member of the GGHH but have information or a case study you would like to share, we invite you to consider joining this worldwide initiative that brings together hospitals, health systems, health, professional and/or academic organizations to reduce their environmental footprint and promote public environmental health.
** Note: These case studies were produced with information, images and documents provided by GGHH members, who have authorized their dissemination.