As part of the Climate Challenge, participants can receive global recognition for their leadership role in the movement toward a low carbon health sector and a healthy climate.
Awards cover multiple categories related to the three pillars of the Climate Challenge:
- Mitigation – Reducing health care’s own carbon footprint.
- Greenhouse Gas Reduction Award
- Energy Efficiency Award
- Renewable Energy Award
- Non-Energy Greenhouse Gas Reduction Award
- Resilience – Preparing for the impacts of extreme weather and the shifting burden of disease.
- Climate Resiliency Award
- Leadership – Educating staff and the public while promoting policies to protect public health from climate change.
- Climate Leadership Award
Access the list of the Climate Challenge Climate Champion Awards’ winners: