May 13 | GGHH Africa webinar: Coronavirus healthcare waste management
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues around the world and in Africa, the health care sector is developing strategies and best practices to ensure the safe and sustainable management of waste material and equipment contaminated with the coronavirus.
This webinar, the second in an ongoing series related to coronavirus waste management, will showcase the work of GGHH members in addressing this issue and responding to the crisis. Join us to learn about their experience and solutions to protect public and environmental health.
Luqman Yesufu: Africa Regional Coordinator, GGHH.
- Topic: GGHH Overview
Dr Richard Amfo-Out: Senior Lecturer, Department of Environmental and Natural Resources Management, Presbyterian University College, Ghana
- Topic: Beating COVID 19 Pandemic – the Role of Healthcare Waste Management
Rudo Samudzi: Assistant Director, Research Policy and Capacity Building, Gauteng Health.
- Topic: Gauteng Health Provincial Management Strategy for COVID 19 healthcare waste
Dimakatso Nhlapo: Lead, Integrated Waste Management, Netcare Limited.
- Topic: Netcare & COVID 19 Pandemic – Lessons learnt from private healthcare setting
Wednesday May 13
- 7 AM West Africa Standard Time
- 8 AM South Africa Standard Time
- 9 AM East Africa Time