Interactive workshop: Taking on climate, COVID and health inequity
On September 16, join the Skoll Foundation and Health Care Without Harm in the interactive workshop Local solutions for global recovery: Taking on climate, COVID, and health inequity
As the world responds to both the COVID-19 pandemic and the climate crisis, we find ourselves at a crossroads. One path takes us back in the direction we came, propping up old, unjust systems that have led to this moment of compound health, ecological, social, political, and economic crises. The other path leads toward an opportunity to forge a just transition to a more equitable, resilient society that provides dignified work for all, universal health care, and a healthy climate.
Around the globe, local leaders are helping blaze this second path. As many around the world rise up against systemic racism and discrimination, a movement is emerging to forge a broad, interconnected agenda for fundamental change that fosters health equity, ecological sustainability, and social justice.
Join Health Care Without Harm and the Skoll Foundation for an enlightening and engaging interactive session open to all. In addition to hearing from a top WHO official and front-line leaders from the United States, India, and South Africa, you’ll have an opportunity to share your own ideas about the challenges and opportunities at the critical intersections of health, climate, and justice. Together, we’ll work toward a more resilient and just world.
September 16, 2020: 8:00 – 9:30 AM Pacific Time | 11:00 AM Eastern Time | 12:00 PM Brazil and Argentina | 4:00 PM UK | 5:00 PM South Africa | 5:00 PM Central European Time | 8:30 PM India | 12:00 AM Australia. See the event in your time zone here.
This workshop follows the online session of March 31 on the Virtual Skoll World Forum Week, Coronavirus and the climate crisis: Mobilizing health for common solutions.
- Denise Fairchild: Speaker. President & CEO, Emerald Cities Collaborative, United States.
- Maria Neira: Speaker. Director, Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health, World Health Organization.
- Laetitia Rispel: Speaker. South African Research Chair on the Health Workforce & Immediate Past President of the World Federation of Public Health Associations, University of the Witwatersrand.
- Niharika Barik Singh: Speaker. Former Secretary of Health, Government of Chhattisgarh, India.
- Gary Cohen: Moderator. President and Founder, Health Care Without Harm.