Morocco | First Symposium on Sustainable Development in the Health Sector
On October 30th and 31st, 2014, the Mohammed VI University Hospital of Marrakesh, the first GGHH member from Morocco held its first annual symposium on sustainable development in the health sector. Sponsored by the Moroccan Ministry of Health and Ministry of the Environment, the event brought together 120 participants from the hospital and scientific community to discuss environmentally responsible approaches to health care in Morocco and abroad.
The topics addressed in the symposium covered different aspects of sustainable development in hospitals:
- The regulatory and legal framework for sustainable development in Morocco,
- Treatment of liquid effluents (chemical, biological, radioactive …) in hospitals,
- Energy efficiency in hospitals,
- Feedback on sustainable development (CSR) of the hospital ROUFFACH – France,
- Feedback on sustainable development (CSR) of the Mohammed VI university hospital of Marrakesh – Morocco.
The symposium also featured the presentation of the GGHH membership certificate by the Secretary General of the Ministry of Health of Morocco to the General Manager of the Mohammed VI University Hospital of Marrakesh, who joined the GGHH network in September, 2014.