Nepal | Second GGHH Members Meeting
GGHH Member and HCWH’s strategic partner in Nepal, the Health Care foundation Nepal (HECAF), organized the second members meeting in the country.
Hosted on 18th November 2016 at Kathmandu Medical College (KMC), participants learned about GGHH and the resources and tools it provides to support the health sector in implementing sustainability.
The group also participated in discussions to share their experiences and learn about health care waste management.
Members were also trained on how to use Hippocrates data center. After the event, members would visit the recently developed model ward and treatment center of KMC.
- Paropakar Maternity and Women’s hospital: Specialization hospital
- Bir Hospital: National Hospital
- TUTH: teaching hospital
- KMC: Teaching Hospital
- Kathmandu Model Hospital: NGO hospital
- National Kidney Center: NGO hospital
- Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology: NGO hospital
- Kirtipur Hospital: community hospital
- Grandy City Hospital: Private hospital
- Norvic International hospital: Private hospital
Event on Healthy Food
On 23rdth November 2016, HECAF organized a campaign on “Healthy Food and Healthy People” where 114 participants from different hospitals, international delegates from Taiwan, Bhutan, WHO, other agencies and Ministry of Health (MoH) participated. Dr. Rishi Kumar Kafle, Director of GGHH member National Kidney Center, shared his knowledge on the steps of healthy living for health kidneys. Healthy foods were also served for all the participants.