South Africa | GGHH Annual Community Planning Meeting
The 2016 GGHH South Africa community planning meeting took place from the 19th to the 21st of January, in the province of Kwazulu-Natal. The event brought together GGHH members from around the country to engage and collaborate with each other, celebrate achievements from 2015, and learn about the upcoming GGHH member offerings and programs for 2016 as they plan for the year ahead.
- GGHH Member Resources Overview & Upcoming events for 2016
- Mercury in Health Care
- Sustainable Health Care Waste Management
- 2020 Health Care Climate Challenge
It also included group discussions on leadership, during which the attendees addressied the following questions:
- How do the sustainability programs they are engaged in move beyond the hospital boundaries to interact with and promote environmental health in their communities?
- What structures (government, civil society, organizational, etc.) are in place that can aid the implementation and promotion of GGHH activities?
- What challenges do they face and what successes have they achieved in implementing sustainability projects? What can GGHH provide that will help them overcome these challenges?
The event was organized by groundWork, Health Care Without Harm’s strategic partner in South Africa, and featured the participation of representatives from GGHH members from around the country, such as Valkenberg Hospital, Groote Schuur Hospital, Mowbray Maternity Hospital, Khayelitsha Hospital, George Hospital, Du Noon Community Health Centre, Gauteng DID and Western Cape Goverment Health. Also the Center for Public Service Innovation, the Department of Health of the province of Kwazulu-Natal and Hellen Joseph Hospital presented at the event.
For more photos of the event, click here.